Saturday, June 12, 2010

Iron Man the First!

Yes, this time I did things backward. But I think it was good. I really enjoyed watching the first Iron Man by myself especially after seeing Iron Man II. I could concentrate on what was going on and focus on where the story was going. I saw Iron Man II in the movie theatre before I saw Iron Man at home tonight. There is a disclaimer: I am a fan of Robert Downey, Jr. And he was fabulous. There. That's out of the way.

Let's see. It took me a few moments to realize that was Jeff Bridges. Oh, yes. I knew it was Jeff, but my brain said it didn't look like him. Then I watched a bit more and realized he could play that part, a part not usual to Mr. Bridges. I won't say more. If you haven't seen it, I don't want to give anything away.

Gwyneth Paltrow shows up. She's okay. To tell the truth, she's better in the second movie. But then, perhaps it is how the part is written and directed. She works with what she has. It could be more.

Here's the real deal: Iron Man. The movie itself explains how this all happens and how it becomes one man. It is very, very cool. Especially if you are into how to beat up the enemy with unconventional means in a weird way upon having an epiphany and can afford to fund such a project. It's great entertainment that is not going to win a Best Oscar (I am sure of this since time ran out) but it is wonderful entertainment and well worth watching. At just two hours and eight minutes without breaks, a perfect rental. Have fun and enjoy it with popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment