Saturday, June 19, 2010

Every Little Step

Every Little Step: It could be the name of a stalker movie. Or a horror movie. But no. It's the documentary of the revival of The Chorus Line on Broadway. The Chorus Line is one of my favorites when it comes to musicals and movies. I've only seen it on stage once. That was in Memorial Theatre, Burlington, VT. It was a great show. A bit far away from Broadway, but we had a great line into some really great traveling shows. I remember I didn't like my seat so I stood up on the side for the whole show to see better. It was fabulous. And I never noticed I stood the entire time.

Then came the movie. It wasn't bad for a made from the musical on Broadway to movie theatre. In fact, I thought it was very well done, considering. So, I thought, I wonder how this backstage look will do.

It was wonderful- especially for theatre geeks and dancers. Or I should have put that the other way around. Dancers first, then theatre geeks. After all it does deal with a chorus line. The spoiler alert- lots of decent commentary from original members. Also, the true origin of the musical. Lots of great stuff for someone like me who wants to know the story behind the story behind the story. Fascinating to me. Must be the history degree.

The bottom line: Geri- If you haven't seen it, I'll wonder why! Everybody else, put it on your list. You can stream it from netflix! That's what I did. Well worth your time and very accessible. Also, you might make it a night with the movie, A Chorus Line.
Happy Popcorn and Movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment