Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Oscar Picks for 2011

With Academy Awards Night less than 4 weeks away, it's time for those annual predictions. I had a very good year with my predictions last year, so here we go:

Best Picture: The Social Network
Best Actor: Colin Firth (The King's Speech)
Best Actress: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
Best Director: Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan)
Cinematography: True Grit (I've heard it's spectacular)
Original Screenplay: The King's Speech
Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network
Visual Effects: Inception
Best Animated Movie: Toy Story 3
Best Foreign Film: Biutiful (Mexico)
Original Score: Inception
Original Song: We Belong Together (Toy Story 3)

I reserve the right to change these predictions until I see True Grit. I am planning on seeing it soon!

4 comments:

  1. Natalie Portman is so talented. I hope she wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri: You've picked your predictions early! I will do some hard thinking and let you know what I decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inception will win best Original Score, but it's not quite the best. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' score of the Social Network was once-in-a-decade brilliance.

    ReplyDelete