Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jane's Oscar picks

Yes, it is that time of year.  I've thought and thought about this.  There are some very good films and actors/actress' that deserve the acknowledgment and praise.  Also, directors and writers.  So, without further ado, here is my opinion.

Best Picture:  Should win- Winter's Bone.  Will win- The King's Speech
Best Director:  Darren Aronofsy (Black Swan), Will win- Tom Hooper, The King's Speech
Best Actor:  Colin Firth, The King's Speech (should and will win)
Best Actress:  Natialie Portman- Black Swan (should and will win)
Best Supporting Actor:  Should win- Christian Bale, The Fighter, Will win- Geoffrey Rush-The King's Speech
Best Supporting Actress:  Melissa Leo, The Fighter (should and will win)
Original Screenplay:  Should win- Inception; Will win- The King's Speech
Adapted Screenplay:  Should Win- Winter's Bone; Will win-The Social Network.

I am not going to offer an opinion on any of the other categories as I didn't pay that much attention to them when watching the films, I may not have seen all films in that category, and/or I have no expertise in those areas.

I can't wait to find out the results.  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Jane - Well, at this point we know the winners, but I probably share some of your disappointments. I like your choice for Best Picture. Winter's Bone is a great film; I chose Black Swan. I agree with you on Portman, not so much Firth; I was behind Franco. Also, I like your choice for Best Original Screenplay. Inception was a clever idea, and I really enjoyed that movie. I was glad it won four technical awards.

    ReplyDelete