Thursday, May 13, 2010

Air Force One

Who among us can resist an action movie with Harrison Ford? Not me, that's for sure. It's on TV tonight. I hadn't noticed this before, but the theme music seems evocative, just slightly, of Indiana Jones. Otherwise, it's just the usual action pic with the hero saving the day, or, in this case, America, Air Force One, and the world from Terrorism, this time in the form of kidnapping the President of the United States and the ransom is the release of very, very bad men (I keep hearing what's his name from Seinfeld with the waving finger who got deported to Pakistan in my head). Ah, if it were only true. The film was made in 1997. If we only knew. The cast includes not only Harrison, but my fave Gary Oldman, also Glenn Close, and Dean Stockwell. Oh, and the wonderful William Macy. I give it a B for effort. By the way, music by Jerry Goldsmith.

No comments:

Post a Comment