Monday, May 10, 2010

Iron Man II

I had the pleasure of seeing Iron Man II on Saturday with a friend. I haven't seen the first movie yet but I enjoyed the sequel so much, I'll have to correct that soon. Without spoiling anything for anyone, if you do see the movie, don't leave until after all the credits are over.... there is a final scene after that. Reminds me of one of my favorite television shows: Vicar of Dibley, a Britcom starring the inimitable Dawn French. I love this show. It's hilarious, it's a bit ribald, it's absurd and has the craziest cast of characters to ever populate a village. After the credits, there's always a joke. But I think I've digressed.

The movie, in case you are unaware, stars Robert Downey Jr., as Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johannsen, Mickey Rourke and Samuel L Jackson all show up. Oh, and Sam Rockwell. And a few others. The best part? It's only two hours and five minutes long. Not one of those three hours to get the point across movies. It may not be Oscar worthy (hey- after this past year, who knows what will be nominated?) but it's fun. I give it a B+ for fun and action.
Happy Popcorn!
Jane

3 comments:

  1. Jane, you should see the first, THEN revisit this review!It was so cool in the first seeing Tony Stark create something WITHOUT all the super modern tools! This is from Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie was great! Seeing it again this week. Agree with Ellen. See Iron Man the original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay.... the first will be next on my Netflix and I'll get back to you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete