Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reservoir Dogs- March 28, 2010

Jane here. Finally sat down and watched Reservoir Dogs today. Had the pleasure of my son joining me. He surprised me by telling me he hadn't watched it since middle school. I knew we were liberal (my dear departed husband was against censorship of all kind) but I thought my son had waited until high school. My other surprise was that I am getting more hardened toward film violence. Though Kill Bill Vol. 1 beats this hands down.

I liked the movie. I'm still pondering the reasons why. Obviously, the dialogue, though sometimes it was hard to hear. Obviously, Harvey Keitel. Obviously, Michael Madsen. The movie left me wanting more at the end. Was this intentional on QT's part? I think it was. I think though, the best part was the sound track. I kept finding myself singing along.

1 comment:

  1. The screenplay for RD is quite tight which makes for an interesting film. I love how the story is so simple which allows for Tarantino to play with the genre quite a bit. We expect certain things from a crime drama and he turns all that on its head. Also, no one in the movie survives in the end.

    ReplyDelete