Monday, July 19, 2010

Tom Wilkinson- he keeps popping up

Well, here it is... I was watching Michael Clayton (soon to be reviewed, but don't wait for me, do see it), and I realized that I had been thinking that Tom Wilkinson has been popping up very frequently in movies I've seen in the last decade or so, or it least seems like it. And he's very good indeed in each one of them.

According to his IMDB biography, he was born in 1948 and has been a popular character actor. He first became quite popular with The Full Monty. Well, I ask you, who wouldn't? Actually, I did like that movie, he was a real teddy bear. He was fun to watch and quite daring after all. It's tough to find one's dignity when one is on line for the dole.

Here are some of his movies:
1997: The Full Monty
1997: Smilla's Sense of Snow (never saw it, couldn't finish the book)
1997: Oscar & Lucinda (guess I should see it now)
1998: Rush Hour- Oh- Jackie Chan!
1998: Shakespeare In Love, Tom was great!
2000: The Patriot- to tell the truth, I was watching Heath
2002: The Importance of Being Earnest- very good in that
2003: The Girl With the Pearl Earring- the Vermeer Painting as a movie
2004: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- Fabulous
Batman Begins- he plays Carmine- the bad guy, and gets all bat beat up!
The Ghost Writer- ok, I forgot to look up who he plays, but Eben Young is in that movie and Eben is absolutely wonderful. If you are a casting director, you should hire Eben.
And, after that, Tom Wilkinson.
Oh- and Tom was on the money in Michael Clayton. Scintillating performance. A must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment